Several online services, including our online renewals and licensure search will be unavailable for a few hours the afternoon of 4/19. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The mission of the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners is to establish and enforce rigorous standards for Iowa educational practitioners to effectively address the needs of students.
- that an effective licensure system is efficient, innovative, and responsive to needs of students and educators.
- in collaboration with other organizations to improve professional development and preparation programs.
- that education is a profession.
- that establishing ethical standards protects students and practitioners.
- The Board will develop rules for practitioner licensure that maintain high standards, are research based and provide flexibility in attainment.
- The Board will develop a communication plan for the dissemination of information to its constituent groups.
- The board will develop a plan to align BOEE goals with the Iowa Department of Education and Iowa colleges of education.
It is the policy of the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status or national origin in its programs or employment practices. If you have questions or grievances related to this policy, please contact the Executive Director, Board of Educational Examiners, Grimes State Office Building, 400 E. 14th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0147, Telephone: 515.281.5849.