Legislative candidate, County candidate, and Local Ballot Issue committees in an election year, all County and State Political Party committees and all Statewide PACs have a report due on or before July 19, 2016, for activity through July 14. Contact the Board with questions.
On Friday, April 24th, the Governor signed into law SF135. Effective July 1, 2015, the $750 reporting threshold has increased to $1000. In addition, the maximum amount for anonymous contributions has increased from $10 to $25.
Effective January 1, 2016, all campaign finance reports and statements must be electronically filed.
** Please note that some older documents/advisory opinions will contain the old language until modified.
If you are unsure where to find what you are looking for:
If you know what you are looking for, please use the links to the left or choose one of the options below:
- Are you starting a new committee?
- Do you need to find reporting deadlines?
- Do you need to file a report?
- Would you like to view filed reports?
- Do you want to find Iowa's Campaign Finance Laws and Rules?
- Are you interested in Government Ethics?
- Do you want to see the available brochures?
If you have questions regarding campaign signs:
- click here for the statute (68A.406)
- click here to see the DOT's FAQ about campaign signs and removal.
Information for County Auditors
The Board has created a new section that contains information that county auditors may wish to print and distribute when working with county or local committees and persons. Please contact the Board's staff for any questions, concerns, or comments.
Follow the Board on twitter:
Visit the Board on Facebook:
Some pages are also available for viewing in Excel. You can sort this information by clicking on the Data button at the top of the page and then choosing Sort.
**Note: If you experience accessibility problems, please contact the Board. We will be glad to provide you with reading or other assistance as needed.