Search Iowa Ethics:

State of Iowa

Additional info:


For more information on how to use this site, go here.

Information for County Auditors is here.

Lobbyists and Clients need to register with the General Assembly. The legislative website is here.

More links:


| home | board | campaigns| ethics| reports | filing | laws |




"Electronic filing" means filing a report using the Board's Internet electronic filing system. A faxed or emailed paper report is not "electronically filed".

Effective on these dates the following statements and reports by these persons must be filed electronically:

1-1-10=new committees for state office.
2-10-10=executive branch lobbyist registrations & executive branch lobbyist client reports.
4-8-10=independent expenditures (the Board is in the process of implementing this requirement.)
5-1-10=state parties & state PACs.
1-1-11=Verified Statements of Registration (VSR)
1-1-11= county central committees, county committees, city committees, ballot issue PACs, other political subdivision committees, once $2,000 in campaign activity has been exceeded.
1-1-12=all committees for state office.

1-1-2016=All campaign committees (see SF135)

This page is to be used by persons wishing to file a report using the internet. If you are instead interested in viewing a report, click here.

These links go directly to the part of the system for that particular report

Campaign Committees
*county/local committees with less than $2000 in activity may still file on paper
Out-of-State/Federal Committees (VSR Form)[must be filed electronically]
Organizations Making a One-Time Contribution (DR-OTC) *this may also be filed on paper
Independent Expenditures [must be filed electronically]
Executive Branch Lobbyist/Client [must be filed electronically with the General Assembly]
Personal Financial Disclosure Statements [must be filed electronically]
     *click here for a adobe slideshow

*Reports that are not mandated to be filed electronically can be filled out on your computer, printed, and then mailed, faxed, or sent as an email attachment. Click here for the blank forms page.