Iowa Professional Licensing Division Real Estate Salespersons and Brokers Photo Header



Engineers & Land Surveyors

Landscape Architects

Real Estate Appraisers

Real Estate Sales & Brokers

Professional Licensing Home
About the Real Estate Commission
Commission Members
Contact Commission Staff

Code of Iowa

Law Index -- Real Estate License Related Law

E & O Information

All active licensees (broker, salesperson, corporation, LLC, partnership, etc.) must carry uninterrupted E & O insurance coverage in Iowa.  (An inactive license is a broker or salesperson whose license is on file with the Real Estate Commission on inactive status and during which time the licensee is precluded from engaging in any acts that require an active real estate license.  A firm, partnership, LLC, etc. can not be placed on inactive status.)

Proof of coverage must be provided with all new applications, when reactivating an inactive license to active status if the license has been inactive for more than 20 days, and if selected for a random E & O audit by the Commission.

The group coverage insurance policy selected by the Commission is with Rice Insurance Services Company, LLC.   (Importance of Maintaining Continuous E & O Coverage E & O Considerations if Going Inactive, How Changing Firms May Affect Your E & O.)  While you are not required to obtain coverage from Rice, before obtaining coverage with another carrier be sure to read Chapter 19 of Administrative Rules 193-E to understand the requirements of coverage.

Return to home page.

Comments/Report Bad Links

Copyright 2002 The State of Iowa. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement.