On March 17, 2009, Alliant Energy/Interstate Power and Light Company (Alliant/IPL) filed a proposal to increase its Iowa retail electric rates. Alliant/IPL is requesting a permanent rate change to increase its annual revenues by approximately $171 million or 17 percent. As allowed by Iowa law, Alliant/IPL implemented a temporary rate increase of 7 percent ($84 million) in March 2009.
Seven consumer comment meetings were held as follows:
- Osceola: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 5:30 p.m. - Clarke High School Auditorium, 800 North Jackson
- Marion: Thursday, April 30, 2009, 5:30 p.m. - Kirkwood Training & Outreach Services Center (KTOS), 3375 Armar Drive
- Fort Madison: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 5:30 p.m. - St. Mary's Parish Center, 415 - 11th Street
- Ottumwa: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 5:30 p.m. - Ottumwa High School Auditorium, 501 East Second Street
- Nevada: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 5:30 p.m. - Gates Memorial Hall, South Room, 825 - 15th Street
- Mason City: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 5:30 p.m. - Muse-Norris Conference Center, Rooms 180DEF, North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC), 500 College Drive
- Dubuque: Thursday, May 21, 2009, 5:30 p.m. - Grand River Center, Meeting Rooms 2/3, 500 Bell Street
An evidentiary hearing to cross-examine expert witness testimony in this rate case was held the week of October 5, 2009. Public documents filed in this rate case may be viewed from the Board's Electronic Filing System. The final written decision and order in this rate case was issued on January 19, 2010. Applications by the parties for rehearing were due by February 8, 2010.