Consumer Information Energy Telecommunications
Elizabeth S. Jacobs
Nick Wagner
Board Member
Sheila K. Tipton
Board Member

TCU - To Whom Does Certification Apply?

Local Exchange Telephone Service Requires Certification:

Local exchange telephone service, either wire-line facilities or resale, requires a Board issued certificate of public convenience and necessity. After September 30, 1992, a utility must have a certificate of public convenience and necessity issued by the Board before furnishing land-line local telephone service in Iowa.

Long Distance Telephone Services DO NOT Require Certification:

Most, not all, long distance telecommunications services are deregulated in Iowa and a certificate is not required to provide any long distance services.

back to TCU Process