Celebrate Iowa Gala
Join us for the 4th Annual Celebrate Iowa Gala on Friday, December 11, 2015. Enjoy the best of Iowa's culture, including art, music, history, food, wine, cocktails and desserts from around the state.
Thanks to the generous support of Iowans, more than 550 people attended the 3rd Annual Celebrate Iowa Gala on December 12, 2014, raising more than $160,000 to support exhibits, programs and initiatives of the State Historical Society of Iowa and the State Historical Museum of Iowa.
2014 Gala Highlights
Ticketed VIP Reception featuring new exhibition Hollywood in the Heartland
- Special Guest Mr. Norman Lear, celebrating his Iowa-filmed movie, Cold Turkey, other classic films (The Princess Bride, Stand By Me), iconic television career (The Jeffersons, All in the Family) and new memoir, Even This I Get to Experience
- 45 RPM Quartet, Des Moines
- Signature drink & special sampling from Mississippi River Distilling Company, LeClaire
Gala Main Event
- Jive for Five quintet, North Central Iowa
- Edible mural by Crème Cupcake & Dessert Lounge, Des Moines
- Iowa Craft Beers
- Foods, beverages and desserts from Ames, Ankeny, Council Bluffs, Indianola, Milton, Newton, North Liberty, Norwalk, Prairie City and more
Remarks and Featured Performance
- Master of Ceremonies Steve Berry, Prairie Meadows
- Iowa Dept. of Cultural Affairs Director Mary Cownie
- Governor Terry E. Branstad
- Revival Center Church Choir, Des Moines
- Bob Dorr and The Blue Band, Eastern Iowa
- Late night snacks
- Valet service under Portico at Locust St. entrance
- Self-service parking in ramp at East Grand and Pennsylvania Ave.
- One-way cab rides home (15-mile radius) provided by Doll Distributing
Tickets include foods, desserts, wine, beer, soda, signature drinks, entertainment and coat check. Cash bar for cocktails.