TENTATIVE AGENDA - amended
AUGUST 23, 2012 - 12:00 NOON
JESSIE PARKER BUILDING
510 EAST 12TH, Ste 1A
DES MOINES, IA
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. ELECTION OF OFFICERS
Pursuant to Iowa Code 68B.32(3), The board shall annually elect one member to serve as the chairperson of the board and one member to serve as vice chairperson. The vice chairperson shall act as the chairperson in the absence or disability of the chairperson or in the event of a vacancy in that office.
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES Documents
- April 27, 2012
- May 31, 2012
- 10 minutes for presentation by Iowa CCI regarding Rastetter complaint
- 10 minutes for response by a Rastetter representative
V. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION
In accordance with the provisions of Iowa Code section 21.5(1) “c” & “g”, the Board will move into closed session to discuss:
Formal Complaints Documents
Formal complaint against Bruce Rastetter – alleged conflict of interest and alleged failure to file a true personal financial disclosure statement.
- Formal complaint against Jeff Mullen for State Senate – alleged violation of attribution statement requirements.
- Formal complaint against Iowans for Taylor – alleged acceptance of PAC contributions during session.
- Formal complaint against Residents for Richmond = alleged failure to create a PAC and alleged coordination for an independent expenditure.
- Appeal of Reprimand – Request by Tom Slockett for a contested case hearing.
- Staff-initiated complaint against Citizens for John Kallen-alleged failure to file true and accurate reports.
Review of Discussion in Closed Session and motion(s)
VII. ADVISORY OPINION Documents
- 2012-5 – reporting requirements for trusts making contributions
- 2012-6 – defining a partisan political committee organized to represent persons within the boundaries of a congressional district.
- STATE COMMITTEES (Rule 351 IAC 4.59(3))
- Meyer for State House -$100
- Citizens for Sharon Steckman -$50
- Olson for Represenative -$50
- McRae for Iowa House -$50
- Roquetter America Inc PAC -$50
- Laborers’ Local 177 - $50
- Ironworkers Local 89 Political Education Fund $50
- Cedar Rapids Trades Council CRIC Building Trades PAC $50
- COUNTY LOCAL COMMITTEES (Rule 351 IAC 4.59(2))
- Krumm for Auditor $100
- Facebook Friends of Josh Eskow $20
- Hull for Supervisor $20
- Veeder for Auditor $100
- Reelect Fitzgerald Sheriff $100
- Justin4Davenport $50
- Collins-Maxwell KIDS (Multiple requests)
- COUNTY CENTRAL COMMITTEES (Rule 351 IAC 4.59(2))
- Montgomery County Republican Central Committee $20
- Butler County Democratic Central Committee $20
- Warren County Democratic Central Committee$20
- Sioux County Democratic Central Committee multiple requests
IX. ATTRIBUTION NOTICES Documents
For informational purposes only, no action needed. Remedial notice published regarding lack of/incorrect attribution statement on political material.
- Romar for Sheriff
- Stan Stoops for BOS
- Matt Block for Sheriff Committee
X. REQUEST FOR ADMINISTRATIVE DISSOLUTION
- Citizens for Carlin
XI. COLA FOR DIRECTOR