TOP 10 WAYS TO GET UNWANTED MAIL FROM ETHICS BOARD
1. Filing a campaign disclosure report late.
2. Failing to place a "paid for by" attribution statement on political material (except for yard signs under 32square feet, bumper stickers, clothing, and items of small size).
3. Accepting a corporate contribution or placing campaign materials on corporate property.
4. Placing campaign signs on public property including the public right-of-way.
5. Filing a Statement of Organization late (within 10 days of crossing financial threshold) or filing an amended statement late to reflect changes in information (within 30 days of change).
6. Accepting contributions in excess of $10 without knowing name and address of donor.
7. Using campaign funds for improper purposes (Iowa Code sections 68A.302 and 68A.303 and Board rule 351 IAC 4.25 set out proper purposes).
8. Using public resources for a political purpose.
9. Ignoring a letter from the Board.
10. Relying on someone other than the Board for answers to campaign finance questions.