Line 8
graphic that says Iowa 2003 expanded 2040 instructions
Questions? E-mail Us!
graphic to click to go to IDR e-file choices
graphic to click to go to 2003 topic index
graphic to click to go to 2003 expanded instructions line index


Enter the amount of taxable IRA distributions as shown on your Federal return. Current traditional IRA owners may convert or "roll over" amounts from existing IRAs to a Roth IRA. However, any taxable amounts that you transfer from an existing IRA to a Roth IRA must be included as income for tax purposes.

Note: The pension/retirement income exclusion is not to be taken on this line. Qualified taxpayers will take the pension/retirement income exclusion on line 21 of the IA1040.

MARRIED SEPARATE FILERS: Taxable IRA distributions should be reported by the spouse whose name is on the account.

Go to Line 7

Go to Line 9