Line 3
graphic that says Iowa 2005 expanded 1040 instructions
Questions? E-mail Us!
2005 Expanded Instructions Home
graphic to click to go to the department's web page of e-file choices
graphic to click to go to 2005 expanded instructions topic index
graphic to click to go to 2005 expanded instructions line index

Attach a copy of your Federal or Iowa Schedule B if your Iowa taxable dividends are more than $1,500. Report the same dividends as you reported on your Federal return with the following modifications:

  1. Add all dividends from mutual funds, investment trusts, or regulated investment companies investing in state and municipal bonds.
  2. Deduct that portion of any net dividends from a mutual fund, investment trust, or regulated investment company that is attributable to Federal securities. You cannot take this deduction unless you are provided a statement from the fund giving the percentage of net dividends attributable to Federal securities. A copy of the statement must be attached to the return to take this deduction.

Interest income from repurchase agreements involving Federal securities cannot be deducted.

Married Separate Filers: Divide dividends based on registered ownership of stock.

  1. Jointly held: Divide equally.
  2. Held in the name of only one spouse: Allocate dividends wholly to that spouse.